Friday, November 19, 2010

Roast Pork Picante

Well, I think I am quickly figuring out what is so frustrating about cooking....ME.  I have this horrible habit of skimming recipes and not reading them carefully.  I can hardly believe myself after telling hundreds of students to "read the directions more carefully".  Anyway, I realized that the reason my meatloaf was super runny was because I added an entire can of diced tomatoes with liquid instead of half.  OOPS.

Tonight, I made Roast Pork Picante.  It was supposed to be Roast Beef Picante, however I hadn't looked at the recipe, only the grocery list that called for boneless sirloin roast.   The butcher said they really didn't put those cuts of beef out and asked if pork would work.  I went with the pork.

The entire day, I could smell the pork marinading in the fridge and it smelled sooo good.  However, when it came out of the oven it didn't small as good.  I thought it tasted okay, but it wasn't my favorite.  Layne said I just don't like the taste of pork.  I wish I could have made this with beef....I don't know if I would have liked it better or not. 

My favorite part of dinner was the Baked Sweet Potato Fries.  The cookbook suggested serving this meal with sweet potatoes, so I improvised....baked fries are still wholesome, right?  They were VERY good.

Will I Make This Again?   Yes.  But I think I will try it with the intended Roast BEEF.  Now, I'm all screwed up for my other meal this week because I was supposed to use the leftover beef from tonight for burritos another night.  Layne is insisting that we will use the pork, but what if that sort of ruins them too?  What to do.

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog and the whole idea of cooking your way through a cookbook.
    By the way, pulled pork burritos are great! You'll like them.

    ReplyDelete