Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Must Try Cube Steaks with Blue Cheese

I've been wanting to try this recipe for awhile now, but I didn't know what "cube steaks" were.  Live and learn....they are just tenderized steaks and they say right on the package "CUBE STEAK".  Imagine that.  Anyway, I am going to share this recipe as it was not only VERY easy, it was VERY good.  AND it has made me a more experience cook as I have now for the first time purchased CUBE STEAKS and also for the first time purchased BLUE CHEESE.

Cube Steaks with Blue Cheese

6 cube steaks
salt and pepper to taste
6 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese (you can buy it crumbled)
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped

Preheat broiler.  Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown cube steaks to your liking, salt and pepper to taste. 

Place beef on a broiler pan and top each steak with blue cheese and red onion.  Stick under the broiler to melt, then serve.

*NOTE:  I don't have a broiler pan, any oven-safe pan will do.  Also, I stuck my red onions on first and then the cheese so when it melted, it held the onions in nicely.

Will I Make This Again?  Definitely!!!  Especially since I have plenty of blue cheese left over!

No comments:

Post a Comment