Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Baked Rigatoni

Wow....I REALLY liked this dish and so did my kids PLUS it is pretty easy to make.  I am going to share this recipe because I think it's so yummy and I usually have most of the ingredients on hand. 

 - 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 cup oats
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (I ended up using marinara sauce)
- 1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
- 3 cups rigatoni (cooked)
- 1 cup part-skim milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a skillet, cook beef until browned and crumbled.  Drain rease and blot beef well with paper towels (with this step the fat grams will be lower than what shows up in the nutritional info below). Add oats to beef and stir well to incorporate. 

Add spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese, and rigatoni to the beef and mix well.  In a 11x7-inch casserole dish, add your rigatoni mixture and top with cheeses.  Bake for 20-30 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.  (Since my casserole dish has a lid, I went ahead and covered it).

Per Serving:
372 Calories; 14g Fat, 25 g Protein; 36g Carbs; 3g Dietary Fiber; 43g Cholesterol; 488mg Sodium. Exchanges:  2 grain; 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 vegetable; 1 1/2 fat.

I think I just figured out how to make my crock pot lasagna NOT so runny....add oats.

I am also going to remember this recipe for when I need to take dinner to someone.

Will I Make it Again:  Umm, probably once a week.  I really liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment